The Laravel 5.1 Shift automates the upgrade of your Laravel application from Laravel 5.0 to Laravel 5.1. Using the Laravel 5.1 Shift to automatically upgrade your Laravel application has an estimated time savings of 2 hours.
A Laravel application running Laravel 5.0.
The Laravel 5.1 Shift automates many of the upgrades listed in the Laravel Upgrade Guide, including:
- Migrating translation files to their new folder structure.
- Upgrading Commands and Events classes to Job and Listeners, respectively.
- Changing the method signatures on Eloquent's
- Upgrading the Authentication classes for Laravel 5.1.
- Creating and configuring the new
- Upgrading object references for Laravel 5.1, e.g. remove
- Adding the new
app/Policiesin Laravel 5.1.
In addition to the Core Upgrades, the Laravel 5.1 Shift performs additional upgrades beyond those listed in the Laravel Upgrade Guide, including:
- Adopting the Laravel code style.
- Upgrading bindings to take advantage of the PHP 5.5
- Changing instances of
RedirectResponseto use the
There are some upgrades the Laravel 5.1 Shift can not perform automatically. When Shift detects these it adds a detailed comment on the Pull Request to help guide the manual upgrade.
- Several of the Collection methods changed in Laravel 5.1. Given the dynamic nature of PHP and the various ways to implement these methods in Laravel, Shift can not reliably update these method calls automatically.
- Blade extensions changed in Laravel 5.1. Shift can not reliably convert to the new