The Laravel 5.7 Shift automates the upgrade of your Laravel application from Laravel 5.6 to Laravel 5.7. Using the Laravel 5.7 Shift to automatically upgrade your Laravel application has an estimated time savings of 45 minutes.
- A Laravel application running Laravel 5.6.0+.
- A server running PHP 7.1.3+.
The Laravel 5.7 Shift automates many of the upgrades listed in the Laravel Upgrade Guide, including:
- Upgrading core Middleware to their Laravel 5.7 versions.
- Moving assets to their new folder structure.
- Detecting backward incompatibilities within your application code.
- Converting removed Blade syntax.
composer.jsonfor Laravel 5.7.
In addition to the Core Upgrades, the Laravel 5.7 Shift performs additional upgrade beyond those listed in the Laravel Upgrade Guide, including:
- Adopting the PSR-2 coding style to match the coding style in Laravel.
- Modernizing PHP syntax, such as the short array syntax.
- Converting string based class references to
- Updating core config files to their Laravel 5.7 versions.
There are some upgrades the Laravel 5.7 Shift can not perform automatically. When Shift detects these it adds a detailed comment on the Pull Request to help guide the manual upgrade.