The PHPUnit 8 Shift reviews your tests for any backward incompatible changes and automates the upgrade process to PHPUnit 8.
- Running PHP 7.2 or higher.
- Previously running PHPUnit 6 or higher.
- Test classes within the
- Adding return types to core
phpunit/phpunitcomposer dependency to
- Converting uses of the deprecated
assertInternalTypeto its type specific equivalent.
- Detecting uses of the deprecated
assertContainsand converting to the
stringassertion when appropriate.
- Modernizing PHP syntax, such as the short array syntax.
While the PHPUnit 8 Shift addresses backward incompatible changes, there are also deprecations you may wish to review manually.