Upgrade a Laravel Package from 5.2 to 5.3
The Laravel Package 5.3 Shift automates the upgrade of your Laravel package from Laravel 5.2 to Laravel 5.3. Using the Laravel Package 5.3 Shift to automatically upgrade your Laravel package has an estimated time savings of 2 hours.
A Laravel package running Laravel 5.2.
The Laravel Package 5.3 Shift automates many of the upgrades listed in the Laravel Upgrade Guide, including:
- Detecting backward incompatibilities within your application code.
composer.jsonfor Laravel 5.3.
In addition to the Core Upgrades, the Laravel Package 5.3 Shift performs additional upgrade beyond those listed in the Laravel Upgrade Guide, including:
- Adopting the PSR-2 coding style to match the coding style in Laravel.
- Modernizing PHP syntax, such as the short array syntax.
- Removing outdated framework components from your application.
There are some upgrades the Laravel Package 5.3 Shift can not perform automatically. When Shift detects these upgrades it adds a detailed comment on the Pull Request to help guide the manual upgrade.
- A few of the Query Builder methods changed in Laravel 5.3. Given the intricacy of query building, Shift can not automate this upgrade.
- Laravel 5.3 includes several new default assets. Since your application likely customizes these assets, Shift does not change these files.