The Upgrade Checker detects outdated, deprecated, and incompatible code within your Laravel applications so you avoid technical debt by remaining fully compatible and up-to-date with the latest version of Laravel.
A Laravel application running Laravel 5.1 or higher.
The Upgrade Checker detects deprecations and recommendations from the Laravel Upgrade Guide as well as enhancements from Laravel Shift, including:
- Verifying the Composer dependency for Laravel.
- Analyzing configuration for outdated Laravel providers and aliases.
- Identifying classes without a
- Verifying core Laravel classes have the proper inheritance.
- Finding references to outdated core Laravel objects and functions.
- Identifying directories from former Laravel directory structures.
- Searching blade templates for invalid tags, like
- Detecting core Laravel deprecations.
- Automatically updates basic syntax changes for Laravel 5.