The Namespace Models scans your Laravel application for Models and moves them under the
A Laravel application running Laravel 5.1 or higher.
Why Namespace Models?
app/Models folder existed in earlier versions of Laravel. Laravel 5 moved models to the top-level of the
app folder by default. However, analytics show when the number of models grows into the double digits it is still common practice to organize models under
- Moving Models from top-level under
- Updating model references within application code.
- Adopting the PSR-2 coding style to match the coding style in Laravel.
- Modernizing PHP syntax, such as the short array syntax.
- Converting string based class references to
While the Namespace Models Shift automates changes within your application code, there may be additional model references outside your code - such as database relationships and environmental configuration.