The Lumen 5.3 Shift automates the upgrade from Lumen 5.2 to Lumen 5.3. Using the Lumen 5.3 Shift to automatically upgrade your Lumen application has an estimated time savings of 2 hours.
It's important to remember Lumen 5.3 is the latest version. As such, both Lumen and the Lumen 5.3 Shift are under active development.
A Lumen application running Lumen 5.2.
The Lumen 5.3 Shift automates many of the upgrades listed in the Lumen Upgrade Guide, including:
- Adding new Lumen 5.3 configuration options.
composer.jsonfor Lumen 5.3.
- Detecting underlying Laravel changes within your application code.
In addition to the Core Upgrades, the Lumen 5.3 Shift performs additional upgrade beyond those listed in the Lumen Upgrade Guide, including:
- Adopting the PSR-2 coding style to match the coding style in Lumen.
- Modernizing PHP syntax, such as the short array syntax.
- Updating the new
- Detecting usages of *Collection* methods changed in Lumen 5.3.
- Converting usages of deprecated methods.
There are some upgrades the Lumen 5.3 Shift can not perform automatically. When Shift detects these upgrades it adds a detailed comment on the Pull Request to help guide the manual upgrade.
- A few of the Query Builder methods changed in Lumen 5.3. Given the intricacy of query building, Shift can not automate this upgrade.