Upgrade Lumen 5.2 to Lumen 5.3
The Lumen 5.3 Shift automates the upgrade from Lumen 5.2 to Lumen 5.3. Using the Lumen 5.3 Shift to automatically upgrade your Lumen application has an estimated time savings of 2 hours.
It's important to remember Lumen 5.3 is the latest version. As such, both Lumen and the Lumen 5.3 Shift are under active development.
A Lumen application running Lumen 5.2.
The Lumen 5.3 Shift automates many of the upgrades listed in the Lumen Upgrade Guide, including:
- Adding new Lumen 5.3 configuration options.
composer.jsonfor Lumen 5.3.
- Detecting underlying Laravel changes within your application code.
In addition to the Core Upgrades, the Lumen 5.3 Shift performs additional upgrade beyond those listed in the Lumen Upgrade Guide, including:
- Adopting the PSR-2 coding style to match the coding style in Lumen.
- Modernizing PHP syntax, such as the short array syntax.
- Updating the new
- Detecting usages of *Collection* methods changed in Lumen 5.3.
- Converting usages of deprecated methods.
There are some upgrades the Lumen 5.3 Shift can not perform automatically. When Shift detects these upgrades it adds a detailed comment on the Pull Request to help guide the manual upgrade.
- A few of the Query Builder methods changed in Lumen 5.3. Given the intricacy of query building, Shift can not automate this upgrade.