Upgrade Lumen 5.0 to Lumen 5.1
The Lumen 5.1 Shift automates the upgrade from Lumen 5.0 to Lumen 5.1. Using the Lumen 5.1 Shift to automatically upgrade your Lumen application has an estimated time savings of 1 hour.
A Lumen application running Lumen 5.0.
The Lumen 5.1 Shift automates many of the upgrades listed in the Lumen Upgrade Guide, including:
- Adding new Lumen 5.1 bootstrap configuration.
composer.jsonfor Lumen 5.1.
In addition to the Core Upgrades, the Lumen 5.1 Shift performs additional upgrade beyond those listed in the Lumen Upgrade Guide, including:
- Adopting the PSR-2 coding style to match the coding style in Lumen.
- Modernizing PHP syntax, such as the short array syntax.
- Adding new core files now included in Lumen 5.1.
- Detecting usages of *Collection* methods changed in Lumen 5.1.
There are some upgrades the Lumen 5.1 Shift can not perform automatically. When Shift detects these upgrades it adds a detailed comment on the Pull Request to help guide the manual upgrade.
- Several of the Collection methods changed in Lumen 5.1. Given the dynamic nature of PHP and the various ways to implement these methods in Lumen, Shift can not reliably update these method calls automatically.