The Laravel 5.4 Tests Shift automates the upgrade of your tests using the Laravel 5.3 testing layer to use the Laravel 5.4 testing layer.
It's important to remember Laravel 5.4 is the latest version. As such, both Laravel and the Laravel 5.4 Tests Shift are under active development.
A Laravel application running Laravel 5.4 with tests using the Laravel 5.3 testing layer or the Laravel BrowserKit package.
The Laravel 5.4 Tests Shift automates many of the upgrades listed in the Laravel Upgrade Guide, including:
- Namespacing Tests for Laravel 5.4.
- Adding the new core tests classes and traits for Laravel 5.4.
phpunit.xmlfor Laravel 5.4.
In addition to the Core Upgrades, the Laravel 5.4 Tests Shift performs additional upgrade beyond those listed in the Laravel Upgrade Guide, including:
- Adopting the PSR-2 coding style to match the coding style in Laravel.
- Converting test methods to the new Laravel 5.4 testing layer.
- Injecting a
$responsevariable into tests previous using the
- Removing references to
There are some upgrades the Laravel 5.4 Tests Shift can not perform automatically. When Shift detects these upgrades it adds a detailed comment on the Pull Request to help guide the manual upgrade.
- Since Laravel 5.4 adds the Tests namespace, references assuming the global namespace will need to be updated.