Upgrade Laravel 5.2 to Laravel 5.3
The Laravel 5.3 Shift automates the upgrade from Laravel 5.2 to Laravel 5.3. Using the Laravel 5.3 Shift to automatically upgrade your Laravel application has an estimated time savings of 2 hours.
A Laravel application running Laravel 5.2.
The Laravel 5.3 Shift automates many of the upgrades listed in the Laravel Upgrade Guide, including:
- Splitting out the new Authentication controllers.
- Upgrading core Middleware and Providers to their Laravel 5.3 versions.
- Detecting backward incompatibilities within your application code.
- Adding new Laravel 5.3 configuration options.
composer.jsonfor Laravel 5.3.
In addition to the Core Upgrades, the Laravel 5.3 Shift performs additional upgrade beyond those listed in the Laravel Upgrade Guide, including:
- Adopting the PSR-2 coding style to match the coding style in Laravel.
- Modernizing PHP syntax, such as the short array syntax.
- Streamlining the
appfolder structure by removing placeholders.
- Creating the new
- Removing outdated framework components from your application.
There are some upgrades the Laravel 5.3 Shift can not perform automatically. When Shift detects these upgrades it adds a detailed comment on the Pull Request to help guide the manual upgrade.
- A few of the Query Builder methods changed in Laravel 5.3. Given the intricacy of query building, Shift can not automate this upgrade.
- Laravel 5.3 includes several new default assets. Since your application likely customizes these assets, Shift does not change these files.